In the light of yet ANOTHER recall notice concerning treats made from chicken imported from China, we thought it would be a good idea to research how hard it would be to make our own. This looks easy! My dog Jazz (below) has agreed to be the taste tester.
- Preheat oven to 200° F
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Rinse off chicken breast and remove any fat.
- Slice the chicken with the grain. This will help make the jerky even chewier for your dog. The slices should be very thin, about 1/8″ to 1/4″ thickness.
- Place the strips on the baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 2 hours (see note below).
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack until completely cool.
- Cut strips into bite sized pieces.